The newest version of Hobson, 0.10.0, is now publicly available. There are a lot of changes in this release including:
- Added "Home" and "Away" modes to the hub.
- Added WebSockets support so web UI updates are immediate rather than delayed by 5 seconds.
- Added support for long-running, complex plugin and device actions.
- Added ability to disable tasks.
- Added support for manually deleting existing devices.
- Created new plugin for Pushover notification service.
- The Hobson runtime now persists meta-data about all published devices so plugins can obtain device information even if the device hardware is unavailable (e.g. sleeping nodes).
- Hub authentication and authorization are now managed by an independent plugin. This allows third parties to create custom plugins to support different identity stores and authorization implementations.
- Added device tagging API endpoints.
- Simplified event subscription model for plugins.
- Improvements to OpenID Connect implementation.
- Improvements to plugin and device configuration validation.
- Improvements to device availability tracking and reporting.
- REST API documentation is now in Swagger format and can be accessed directly from the Hub.
Sign in to follow this